[Solved] After Mint 19 Upgrade EPSON ET-2750 not working

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hkindle
Level 1
Level 1

[Solved] After Mint 19 Upgrade EPSON ET-2750 not working

Post by hkindle »

The EPSON ET-2750 is a wireless network multi-function printer. It works from other computers and scans from others and this one too. The printer is automatically detected by mint 19, but the default and every configuration I have tried have not worked.

The failure is that the job is submitted to cups, but the printer never prints. This failure is consistent through all my attempts. Ping works via ip and name, and the best setups will show ink levels. It does not seem to be a network problem.

I have the latest driver from EPSON.

Two reoccurring strangeness I see when the configurations work best (http and lpd PASSTHROUGH) are that the printer URL in the print job never matches the printer URL in the setup and in printer status and the printer status sometimes displays "Processing - Color Manager: no profiles specified in PPD".

I have tried everything I can think of including setup via system-config-printer, Webmin and cups web page. Both mint default driver "EPSON ET-2750 Series, driverless, cups-filters 1.20.2" and latest "Epson ET-2750 Series - epson-inkjet-printer-escpr 1.6.31-1lsb3.2 (Seiko Epson Corporation LSB 3.2)" among others.

Images below for reference:
Screenshot from 2018-10-19 09-48-29.png
Screenshot from 2018-10-19 09-25-59.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Re: After Mint 19 Upgrade EPSON ET-2750 not working

Post by JerryF »

If firewall is on, temporarily turn it off and see if that helps.
hkindle
Level 1
Level 1

Post by hkindle »

The firewall is off.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

First, I would suggest making your Epson a static ip address on your network. All routers are different, so you'll need to look at some documentation on how to do that. On my Netis router, I can assign a static ip address to a MAC address.

Then try editing these files (you'll need sudo permission):

Open the file /etc/sane.d/dll.conf and observing the alphabetical order, insert/(rearrange if they are already there) the following entries:
epson2
epsonds
net

Save the file.

Open /etc/sane.d/epson2.conf
Under the Network section,
Where it says "net autodiscovery", change autodiscovery to the assigned ip address of your printer.

Do the same as epson2.conf for:
/etc/sane.d/epsonds.conf

Reboot.
hkindle
Level 1
Level 1

Post by hkindle »

Thanks for the attempt, but no joy. I sill get a printer status of: Color Manager: no profiles specified in PPD

I think this has to do with PPD files and drivers. I have tried other close model numbers to no effect yet.

Still tilting at windmills.
hkindle
Level 1
Level 1

Post by hkindle »

Is there any printer utility for linux I can pay for to get this to work?

I paid $90 for a scanner utility that worked immediately. Best money I ever spent.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

hkindle wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:47 pm Thanks for the attempt, but no joy. I sill get a printer status of: Color Manager: no profiles specified in PPD

I think this has to do with PPD files and drivers. I have tried other close model numbers to no effect yet.

Still tilting at windmills.
I would first try to get the printer and scanner to work. Color profiles are not that necessary. My previous Epson ran without a color profile.
hkindle
Level 1
Level 1

Post by hkindle »

It works with other computers and phones. It's just this one that is the problem. I have been seeing other system instabilities. I am going for a fresh 19 install and take it from there. I have a lot of work in front of me. Too bad I can't spend the weekend with my family.
hkindle
Level 1
Level 1

Post by hkindle »

That did the trick. It worked out of the box after re-installing Mint. Now I just have to rebuild my system.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”