Konica Minolta bizhub C454e

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
swizzle

Konica Minolta bizhub C454e

Post by swizzle »

I'm new to Linux and still have very little idea what i'm doing. My problems revolve around finding the correct drivers and figuring out how to add a user code for the printer. Thanks in advance for any help!

Printer: Konica Minolta bizhub C454e
Environment: Network printer

I had successfully managed to connect to this printer in the past just using the System>>Printer>>Add printer option, but they had to replace the printer motherboard this week, and only one computer was able to print to the Konica Minolta after that. I was able to get the others working, but mine is the only Linux machine in the environment (the rest are Windows).

I was unable to update the old printer connection successfully, so i deleted it and tried to add again. I have tried adding the printer using the System>>Printer>>Add printer and then both "Find network printer" and by IP address, as well as using CUPS. All have added a printer, but none has been able to successfully print once the printer has been added.

For the Windows machines, i had to reinstall drivers and add a user code. The drivers added need to be PCL to work; PS has not worked for any computer i've worked on. However, when i try to add the printer on my laptop, i only have options for PS drivers. I was able to make the printer work in the past without the access code, though i don't know the how or why. I haven't seen a way to either get PCL drivers for the printer or to add a user code.

I work for a small non-profit and am the closest thing we have to an IT guy, so there's no network admin or anyone above me to address my issue.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Konica Minolta bizhub C454e

Post by deepakdeshp »

If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
swizzle

Re: Konica Minolta bizhub C454e

Post by swizzle »

Instructions from that link:
1. I hadn't tried using a direct USB cable, but doing so was no different than the other attempts i had made. My laptop recognized the printer and then would not print to it. When trying to print a test page, i at least once received a message that the printer was not connected, despite being directly linked by USB. In another instance, it simply failed to print with no error message given.
2. I had tried this portion in numerous ways before posting my question and couldn't get any of my attempts to work.
3. No instructions for Konica Minolta specifically, but i looked at the instructions for each make provided and did not see anything i was able to make work for my situation. I have not found Linux-compatible installer software as evidently exists for HP, and using the USB cable did nothing to resolve the PCL driver problem or user code issues i'm having.

Thanks, but i wasn't able to make any of those work.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”