HPLIP Status server

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ozzyrod
Level 1
Level 1

HPLIP Status server

Post by ozzyrod »

Why am I getting this error on startup does any one know please?

"No system tray detected on this system.
Unable to start, exiting."
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Re: HPLIP Status server

Post by smurphos »

What version of Mint and which Desktop Environment (inxi -S from the terminal if you are unsure).

The error is fairly straightforward. You haven't got a systray / indicator applet in your panel so there is no-where for the HPLIP tray application to go. If we know which Desktop environment we can point you in the right direction to fix this.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
l1dn0t+]
Level 1
Level 1

Post by l1dn0t+] »

I am not the originator of the question, but I also have this problem. My system is
Desktop: Cinnamon 2.8.8 Distro: Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa
When I right-click the Menu and select Configure nothing appears to happen
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

l1dn0t+] wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:10 am I am not the originator of the question, but I also have this problem. My system is
Desktop: Cinnamon 2.8.8 Distro: Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa
When I right-click the Menu and select Configure nothing appears to happen
That sounds like a different problem and probably deserves it's own thread. Do you mean you right click on the menu icon and click configure and nothing happens? What about other applets?
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”