[SOLVED] Wireless HP printer installs but doesn't print

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
PSG1

[SOLVED] Wireless HP printer installs but doesn't print

Post by PSG1 »

I'm running Linux Mint Cinnamon 19 on an ASUS Zenbook. I installed the network drivers for the HP Laser Jet Pro MFP m130nw printer. When I try to print a test page, the job stalls. The job-printer-state-message is "filter failed."

I'm new to Linux and would appreciate help. Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
srq2625

Re: Wireless HP printer installs but doesn't print

Post by srq2625 »

PSG1 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:33 pm I'm running Linux Mint Cinnamon 19 on an ASUS Zenbook. I installed the network drivers for the HP Laser Jet Pro MFP m130nw printer. When I try to print a test page, the job stalls. The job-printer-state-message is "filter failed."

I'm new to Linux and would appreciate help. Thanks.
To help us help you, can you expand on what you mean by "installed the network driverers"?

If you have printers installed in the "Printers" under "System Settings", you might want to delete it/them before proceeding - just to avoid confusion.

Additionally, running the following in a terminal window is likely to solve your problems:

Code: Select all

sudo apt install hplip hplip-gui
hp-setup
hp-plugin
The first installs the HP printer drivers from the LM (or Ubuntu) repositories.
The second allows you to configure the printer driver.
The third is optional and should be run only if you have a flat-bed scanner on your MFP - probably.
PSG1

Post by PSG1 »

Thanks for your advice. It's printing now.
srq2625

Post by srq2625 »

Good to hear.

Maybe mark this topic solved? Edit the subject line of the first post in this thread and preface it with something like "<SOLVED>".
PSG1

Re: [SOLVED] Wireless HP printer installs but doesn't print

Post by PSG1 »

Done. Thanks, again.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”