HP printer drivers

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
banjoman
Level 4
Level 4

HP printer drivers

Post by banjoman »

I am looking at buying an HP wireless printer (pos HP Deskjet 2630) and need to make sure I can print reliably from my Mint19 Sony Vaio laptop. The website HP directs a Linux enquirer to is

Code: Select all

https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing
. On that site, it is stated that the software needed, HPLIP, may be included in the Linux installation.

If this is the case with Mint19, will my computer recognise the printer when I link it to my WiFi network and configure everything so I can print. If its not in the installation, is this easy to install and configure?

Any advice gratefully received.... thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pjotr
Level 23
Level 23

Re: HP printer drivers

Post by Pjotr »

banjoman wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:16 pm I am looking at buying an HP wireless printer (pos HP Deskjet 2630) and need to make sure I can print reliably from my Mint19 Sony Vaio laptop. The website HP directs a Linux enquirer to is

Code: Select all

https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing
. On that site, it is stated that the software needed, HPLIP, may be included in the Linux installation.

If this is the case with Mint19, will my computer recognise the printer when I link it to my WiFi network and configure everything so I can print.
Yes. You may have to link it with a temporary USB cable at first, for the initial recognition.
banjoman wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:16 pmIf its not in the installation, is this easy to install and configure?
Probably, yes. :)

HP used to be, and maybe still is, the safest choice when it comes to buying printers for Linux.
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”