no driver for Epson XP-400 in Mint 19

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
valentinefssp

no driver for Epson XP-400 in Mint 19

Post by valentinefssp »

I've been using Mint 17.1 for years; I just installed 19 on a new computer and I can't get my Epson XP-400 printer to work.
There is no generic driver listed, and when I try to download one from Epson the download window opens for about 2 seconds and then crashes.
Apparently I need "epson-201203w" but I can't figure out how to get it.
(the printer worked fine on 17.1... you would think that a newer version would have more functionality, not less!)
Thanks -JRV
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Re: no driver for Epson XP-400 in Mint 19

Post by kyphi »

Assuming that you are using a 64 bit system, the printer driver you need is called epson-inkjet-printer-escpr_1.6.33-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb and you can download it and any others you need from this site: http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/searc ... ch/?OSC=LX

Type XP-400 as the product name and click on the magnifying glass to reveal the available drivers. Double click on the downloaded .deb file to install. The scanner driver is presented in a bundled form which also contains instructions on how to install this bundle.
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
valentinefssp

Re: no driver for Epson XP-400 in Mint 19

Post by valentinefssp »

Great! That solved it. Thanks -JRV

Return to “Printers & Scanners”