EPSON L4160 scanner not working in mint 18.3

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
neohkl
Level 1
Level 1

EPSON L4160 scanner not working in mint 18.3

Post by neohkl »

1)The printer is working fine.

2)The scanner is not working from a Mint 18.3 system. This system used to run simple scan fine on a HP6500A plus. Now it wont connect to the Epson.

3)The scanner is working fine (xsane, simple scan, and iscan) from a lenovo ideapad 100s running Mint 19

I see the message "Dependency is not satisfiable" under description for the modules.
Is there anyway I can get around this on the Mint 18.3 system. I am very reluctant to upgrade from Mint 18.3 to 19 on this system which is working very well.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ClixTrix

Re: EPSON L4160 scanner not working in mint 18.3

Post by ClixTrix »

Did you download the All-in-one package for your printer/scanner and install? When installed, the package includes the scanner driver and another scanner app, "Image Scan".

http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/searc ... ch/?OSC=LX
neohkl
Level 1
Level 1

Post by neohkl »

Yes I have tried this. The All-in-one package for linux Mint 19 is working well for the system running Mint 19. While neither of the pkgs work for the LM18 system. Apparently it is a "Dependency is not satisfiable" problem on the LM18 for the networkscan deb module. AnyOne got a work-around this?
ClixTrix

Post by ClixTrix »

neohkl wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:19 pm Yes I have tried this. The All-in-one package for linux Mint 19 is working well for the system running Mint 19. While neither of the pkgs work for the LM18 system. Apparently it is a "Dependency is not satisfiable" problem on the LM18 for the networkscan deb module. AnyOne got a work-around this?
Was the missing dependency stated in the error? Some of the printers/scanners require install of LSB (as noted in the documentation).
neohkl
Level 1
Level 1

Post by neohkl »

I instlled it by using the enclosed instll.sh script and just let it go, without paying too much attention to the details scrolling up, and when I tried to fire up epson's ImageScan or Simple Scan or Xscan it displays "Scanner not found..." So I went back to NEmo and click on the network scan module and the dialog box displays "Dependency is not satisfiable" at the top.

That's about it.
ClixTrix

Post by ClixTrix »

I'm going to guess the install.sh was run without sudo for permissions or do you recall whether you ran it as "sudo ./install.sh"? If it's not a permissions problem...

I've installed and used my Epson WF-2760 under Mint 18 and 19 without any major problem. There was a problem with the firewall under Mint 18 and detecting the scanner. If you disable UFW for a test, that problem might still be around. I recall a workaround for use with the firewall, but check if that's a problem.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”