Does Mint 18.3 contain drivers for IBM InfoPrint 1410?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rado84

Does Mint 18.3 contain drivers for IBM InfoPrint 1410?

Post by rado84 »

I installed Windows 7 on a friend of mine's laptop but that laptop is very old (HP with a single core AMD CPU which means that laptop is literally ancient) and it gives all kinds of errors plus we can't find Windows 7 drivers for printer IBM InfoPrint 1410, so I'm thinking to install Mint 18.3 for him. But the big question is - does Mint have any kind of integrated drivers for this model or not? And if not - where can I find linux drivers for that printer? My search on Google for that didn't come back with good results.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Does Mint 18.3 contain drivers for IBM InfoPrint 1410?

Post by richyrich »

I don't see the 1410, but I do see the 1422. Which just may use the same driver. :?

Ref: http://www.openprinting.org/printer/IBM ... print_1422
rado84

Post by rado84 »

9,6 KB file? What kind of driver is that? :shock:
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

It's a PPD - Postscript Printer Description - lots of printers use them. There is (or at least used to be) information on openprinting on PPDs, how to install them, and so on. Read up on it. Or just try it and see if it works.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
brian_p
Level 9
Level 9

Post by brian_p »

The 1410 is a PostScript printer. Use the Generic PostScript PPD provided by the printing system.

--
Brian.
--
Brian.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”