Samsung M2070W Hyroglyphics on Mint

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Les-Peters

Samsung M2070W Hyroglyphics on Mint

Post by Les-Peters »

I'm a NOOB, setting up Mint in order to get away from Windows. I have installed the Linux drivers for my M2070W Samsung.

First test document printed worked OK. When I tried to print another document I got a single line of symbols like small houses across the top of the page, and then a never ending stream of blank pages. with occasional houses again. Had to shut off the printer to stop it.

Power up the printer again, and the houses and blanks continued.

Unplug the printer from power (but not the USB connection to the computer) plug it back in, and the first print works fine. 2nd document i'm back to the houses and multiple blanks.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ClixTrix

Re: Samsung M2070W Hyroglyphics on Mint

Post by ClixTrix »

I would recommend you try deleting and re-add the printer from the Printers app.

Also, don't know which version of Mint you're running? However, make sure you install all current service and kernel from Update Manager.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Samsung M2070W Hyroglyphics on Mint

Post by jimallyn »

Did you follow the instruction found here:

https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.c ... nters.html

?
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Return to “Printers & Scanners”