Epson XP-215 won't print

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
FreshBreath78

Epson XP-215 won't print

Post by FreshBreath78 »

Hi all
I've just installed Linux mint cinnamon 19 and am trying to install my epson xp-215. I've added it on the printers - local host and found the epson xp 215 - 217 in one of the menus, and i now have the printer image suggesting that i have added Epson-XP-215-217, but it doesn't print anything. it just waits a few seconds and then says printing completed but nothing happens! I've been on the epson site looking for drivers but with Linux selected it says there are no drivers available! I'm out of ideas now, any help would be greatly appreciated ...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
brian_p
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Epson XP-215 won't print

Post by brian_p »

Put the XP-215 on the network and check it can be reached with

Code: Select all

driverless
Now uncomment

CreateIPPPrinterQueues All
in /etc/cups/cups-browsed.conf and restart cups-browsed:

systemctl restart cups-browsed
--
Brian.
ClixTrix

Re: Epson XP-215 won't print

Post by ClixTrix »

Are you attempting to Add the printer as USB or Network connected? Network connected can usually Add driverless using Internet Printing Protocol (IPP).

Also, Epson supports Linux with drivers. Just enter your printer/scanner model to this search page.

http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/searc ... ch/?OSC=LX

Return to “Printers & Scanners”