No print output when set to CMYK (SOLVED)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Keldorum

Re: No print output when set to CMYK

Post by Keldorum »

Hi Brian!
Just installed the printer on to a nice old fast machine running Windows XP (not connected to the web or network) Printer performed marvelously after a print head alignment. I have searched various forums and places and this seems to be an issue with most Pixma printers and Linux in general. I did read on one forum where a chap had a similar issue with his Canon printer and he removed Gutenprint to get it working. He said it seems that the Gutenprint configuration installs the wrong configuration to Linux. Also I burned an ISO of Mint Cinnamon Tessa release,(the latest) to a USB stick and ran the print command from there with STILL the same issue. So it is a colour profile config thing.
Just one other aside, whilst the network printer installed itself the dialogue box on "print a test page" went one step further than *rendering complete" to the *waiting for printer to become available* stage. Re the network printer thing, Mint appeared to be seeing the USB as a local network and erroneously naming it as such, I think

I don't know how the network printer got there, but its gone again now. Real ghosts in the machine! I think we have been sliding between alternate realities myself!

Time for more web research as you suggested. I really thank you for helping me out. Hey, at least it prodded me to get my old computer hooked up again as I have some files I need to get off it to send to a friend.
Thanks!
ClixTrix

Post by ClixTrix »

I see the guten driver is marked "experimental" at their site.

Did you try the Canon MG2500 series driver?

https://support-asia.canon-asia.com/con ... 50201.html

When you unpack that driver, it's shows an .install.sh script to run from Terminal. Looks like the script does both USB and network install.
Keldorum

Post by Keldorum »

Hi, sorry to have not replied earlier as had to be away for a couple of days. Will try that link. I know there is something wrong with the recent update on the Gutenberg driver so your link will most likely do the job.
Thank you. K.

UPDATE: YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE STAR! IT DID THE JOB! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Thank you thank you!!! And thanks to Brian P for bearing with me! The driver installs in RGB mode and doesn't have an option to change it but for that particular driver it is perfect. Colours are spot on
:D :D

The network printer has reappeared next to the default printer as well but it was there before the new driver install, it refuses to let itself be deleted; however its not biting anyone or doing any harm so it can sit there :)

Return to “Printers & Scanners”