Installing Epson WF-7715 printer-scanner

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AnalogueMan
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Installing Epson WF-7715 printer-scanner

Post by AnalogueMan »

brian_p wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:30 am
Although my O.S. is Mint 18.3 I do not think that this earlier version is the culprit is it?
I do not know, but probably not.

What I do know is that I owe you an apology for letting my liking for new technology run away with me and offering suboptimal advice to you (and others). You wanted printing and scanning, but (as far as I can tell) scanning becomes unavailable when ippusbxd is used. It was probably a good job it didn't work :D. I shudder to think of the mess I could have got you into.

Absolutely NOT necessary ! You gave that in good faith and thus no hard feelings.
Cannot see that it would gave a mess and suppose I got into trouble so what? This whole Forum will help me to get me out of trouble!
Analogue man in a digital world
ClixTrix

Post by ClixTrix »

Well, I gave instructions for scanner install based upon MINT 19 package, not MINT 18. I hope it works OK.
AnalogueMan
Level 3
Level 3

Post by AnalogueMan »

ClixTrix wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:32 pm Well, I gave instructions for scanner install based upon MINT 19 package, not MINT 18. I hope it works OK.
No problem at all because in stead of the Mint19 package I substituted in your command line "19-1.3.40" into "18-1.3.40" package. :)
Analogue man in a digital world

Return to “Printers & Scanners”