Printer installed but not working

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Alvin
Level 5
Level 5

Printer installed but not working

Post by Alvin »

I have no experience with my dual opsys Mint. I am trying to get my Brother HL-2140 operational. The printer is shared with my Windows7 opsys, where I have allowed sharing. The Menu Administration Printer shows my printer with a check, but it won't print. The printer, I see, is "connected to local host". When I try to print, it merely feeds paper until the tray is empty, without printing any characters from the selection. Please advise.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ClixTrix

Re: Printer installed but not working

Post by ClixTrix »

Looks like someone posted at Ubuntu with the same printer and problems and the recommendation was to download and install the Brother driver.

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2365293
Alvin
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Printer installed but not working

Post by Alvin »

I have had a glance at the link reference you kindly supplied and found the suggestions varied, from simple to complex. This is not worth more time to me, and as I have explained in the "newbie" forum, I have tried Mint and found it wanting.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”