how to add a Canon wireless printer in LM20

Forum rules
Before you post please read this
raksiam
Level 1
Level 1

how to add a Canon wireless printer in LM20

Post by raksiam »

Is there a tutorial some place that explains how to add a printer in LM 20? Somehow I managed to add my printer in a previous version of LM but my upgrade to 20 was so messed up that I had to do a clean install. But now I can't figure out how to add my printer. I don't remember how I did it last time

It's a Canon Lbp 612 cdw

When I go to "printers" and click add that is where I am stuck. I tried selecting Network Printer > Find network printer but if I click on "find" it doesn't find anything. Is there something I am supposed to put in the "host" box?

Actually I think I am making some progress. I put the ip address of the printer in the host box and it seems to be located. I am able to go through and set it up. But the test page is completely blank. Ideas?
raksiam
Level 1
Level 1

Re: how to add a Canon wireless printer in LM20

Post by raksiam »

it turns out Canon publishes a Linux driver and scripts for installing the printer. So that solved my problem
josefg
Level 2
Level 2

Post by josefg »

I had difficulties getting the Canon CAPT driver to work on LM19 and LM20.
In case you have the same, I got it to work on LM20 for the Canon i-SENSYS LBP7210Cdn recently. See the end of this thread:
viewtopic.php?p=1580207#p1580207
brian_p
Level 6
Level 6

Post by brian_p »

raksiam wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:54 pm
it turns out Canon publishes a Linux driver and scripts for installing the printer. So that solved my problem
Then you should add [Solved] to the subject header of your first post. It will help other users.

I will note that the Canon LBP612C supports driverless printing. The Canon drivers are not required..
--
Brian.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”