Funky printing issues in Mint 20 with Epson WF R4640

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Huecuva
Level 4
Level 4

Funky printing issues in Mint 20 with Epson WF R4640

Post by Huecuva »

Hi guys. This issue only started once I followed the upgrade path from 19.3 to 20. I'm using Cinnamon DE and this Epson WF R4640 is connected via the office wifi.

I'm actually having two strange problems with the printer, which I think are related in some way; probably drivers. The first is that any time I try to print multiple copies of a document, the printer only prints one. It doesn't matter which application I'm printing from, it can be Firefox or Chrome or Document Viewer, the printer only prints one copy. The only exception to this is LibreOffice. For some reason I was able to print more than one copy only if I used LibreOffice to print. Which leads me to my second problem. While LibreOffice printed the correct number of copies I asked it for, it printed them in much reduced size, taking up about 1/6 of a sheet of standard 8.5x11" printer paper in the top right corner. This also occurs seemingly intermittently in Firefox and IIRC also Document Viewer. Chrome seems to be pretty reliable about printing things to the correct scale.

Again, I had no problems at all printing in 19.3. I was able to print as many copies of whatever I wanted to the correct scale on the page and it all worked great. It was only once I upgraded to 20 that I started having these strange printing problems which are getting very frustrating.

I tried downloading and installing the ESC/P-R driver but that did not solve the issue.

If any further information is required, please let me know. I'm not at work right now, but I can get any other required information once I'm back at the office tomorrow.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Huecuva
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Funky printing issues in Mint 20 with Epson WF R4640

Post by Huecuva »

Nobody has any ideas? I've been tearing my hair out over this for months.
Huecuva
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Huecuva »

What else is needed to help me with this? I really can't figure out what's going on and having to print 20 individual pages instead of just being able to tell it to print 20 copies is maddening. Please.
Huecuva
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Huecuva »

I've been scratching my head over this since Mint 20 came out guys. Please don't leave me hanging. I have no idea how to resolve this.
brian_p
Level 9
Level 9

Post by brian_p »

Give what you get for

Code: Select all

avahi-browse -rt _ipp._tcp

avahi-browse -rt _uscan._tcp

driverless
--
Brian.
BigRedDog
Level 1
Level 1

Post by BigRedDog »

Yeah, this problem is getting to me as well.
Epson wf-7710 will only print one copy when multiple copies are selected and it doesn't matter, libreoffice, google docs etc.

Updated the Epson software, no joy. One clue is that when doing printer setup I don't get the expected driver list, as I was in the past.
You know where you had to select your model from the driver list. Just no list being presented to choose from, only the default driver.

Cliff
BigRedDog
Level 1
Level 1

Post by BigRedDog »

cliff@cliff-desktop:~$ driverless
ipp://EPSON%20WF-7710%20Series._ipp._tcp.local/

Return to “Printers & Scanners”