Forum rules
Before you post please read this
FrenchOldGuy
Level 1
Level 1

[Solved]HP LaserJet 400 colorMFP M475dw -- Scanner don't go on

Post by FrenchOldGuy »

Hi,
I installed linuxMint Cinnamon last Sunday. Everything went on, except the password which did not work any more on restart ... I think this must be a passing test; finally I managed to change it (shift and so on).
My issue is the following :
the HP MFP 400 printer (which is on a wifi network) has been recognized and printing is going very well; but the scanner fails when scanning when it has found it (scanners available: HP MPF ....) and returns the alert: "unable to connect to device" ... Is sane insane ?
I have been looking for a solution since Sunday. I read kO of questions and answers, documentation, ... I tried solutions but nothing worked! I think I'm going to cry!
I also looked at the files in the sane.d directory and all the scanners offered by HP are either scsi or usb. You must indicate to look for the address tcp: 192.168.1.21 (the fixed address of my MFP) but in which file and in which spelling?
Could a Good Samaritan find a solution?
In any case thank you for reading me and a rain of wishes for my savior!
Thank you

Intel i5 4core
ram 16GO
linuxMint 20.1
SSD 64GO
HDD 3TO WD
Last edited by FrenchOldGuy on Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
LanceM
Level 11
Level 11

Re: HP LaserJet 400 colorMFP M475dw -- Scanner don't go on

Post by LanceM »

HPLIP shows full support for that printer. What I'd try is installing hplip-gui
It's in your Software Manager or command

Code: Select all

sudo apt install hplip-gui
Before running it delete that printer using Printers app in the Menu under Administration. Then launch HPLIP-GUI and follow the prompts. It has worked several times to get everything working for me.
To mark this issue solved, go to your original 1st post and click the edit pencil and add [Solved] at the beginning of the title and click Submit.
Mint accepts donations: https://linuxmint.com/donors.php
FrenchOldGuy
Level 1
Level 1

Re: HP LaserJet 400 colorMFP M475dw -- Scanner don't go on

Post by FrenchOldGuy »

Hi LanceM,
Yeeeees !
Your solution is the right one! The scanner is working. Thank you so much ; you are the Boss.
Tres cordialement.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”