Brother MFCL2710DW vs HP LaserJet Pro M148Fdw

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ed81ie

Post by Ed81ie »

Hi,
Planning to get a scanner, and at the same time refresh my printer as well.
have found 2 that suit by specs.

Now have a question - which of them gives less trouble with Mint 19.3 Mate?
So far have not succeeded to use Brother DCP 7010L as scanner. Printing is fine, but now need scanner as well. Auto-feeder is a big plus.

So any advice?
https://kagoo.co.uk/laser-printers/comp ... ro-m148fdw

Anyone has experience with those scanners? can they scan bunch of documents into separate PDF files?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TopEnder
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Brother MFCL2710DW vs HP LaserJet Pro M148Fdw

Post by TopEnder »

Ed81ie, My two bobs worth, over the years I have had three Brother Laser MFC printers/scanners and one MFC ink printer. Trying to get the scanner side of the MFC scanner to working can be a pain in the butt. Very difficult compared to other MFC machines. Brother needs to get off their backside and help Linux users also their printer don't work even if one cartridges is out of ink or toner. The HP would be my choice as HP are a lot more helpful with their products, from what I have read. Never had a HP Laser printer/scanner, as I am happy with my current setup: Epson Ink MFC printer/scanner and a Fuji Xerox Mono Laser printer for all my documents print, a very fast and reliable machine. TopEnder

Return to “Printers & Scanners”