Epson L360 not working in LM 20.1

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
deimeuraz
Level 1
Level 1

Epson L360 not working in LM 20.1

Post by deimeuraz »

I updated LM to the latest possible to this date. Tried to connect my Epson L360 and LM can detect it automatically.

It shows in the office printers and when I print my document, it prints. However, instead of the document, it prints:
;
&
&
&
&
&
&
&
Just that one vertical of those characters. I'm sure my printer works fine because I photocopied a paper and the full page was photocopied.

When I checked the printer properties and printed tests, one of them printed:
If you can read this you are using the wrong driver for your printer.

I tried looking for drivera but I'm not willing to run drivers from an unofficial site and unsecured site. An epson website also said that they don't have linux drivers support? Something along those lines but I'm not sure if it's the official epson website.

I also tried the option in printer properties to find driver in the database but it's not appearing. Might be my internet rainbows me up so I'm gonna try again.

Note: I haven't tested the scanner when connected to my laptop yet.

But aside from this, what else can be done to solve this problem?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Epson L360 not working in LM 20.1

Post by Pierre »

Hi deimeuraz,
welcome to our forum.
:)

even though the LinuxMint System did detect your Epson correctly,
did you also have to install some drivers for that Epson ?.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
deimeuraz
Level 1
Level 1

Post by deimeuraz »

When i inserted the printet's usb, it automatically showed that the it is being configured and that the device is downloading the driver. But at the end, I still couldn't print my document. I still haven't fixed anything.
Rsaja
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Rsaja »

Hi deimeuraz,
i get solution, it work for me. actually we have to setting manually star=>administration=>printer=>Add=>select printer model
hope this will help
sadly i can't show image here

Thanks in advance
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

it may be unforgiveably "retro" but you could try the printer driver from Epson;

if you go here http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02 ... oadInfo.do

and click to download what should be
epson-inkjet-printer-201401w_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb
when you click to download, your system should offer to "open" it with gdebi installer: that means gdebi installer will install this .deb file for you

If you gratefully accept that offer, it should install the drivers and register the printer; so an entry should be found in the PRINTERS folder

if you have already some printer icons in there; that DO NOT work; best you delete those before doing the above install? (So you just have a single working icon)

If there is a problem with the above link, if you start at http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/search/01/search/

and enter L360, that should help you find your way to where one can download the needed driver

Return to “Printers & Scanners”