SOLVED: HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP M281fdw - unable to scan PART 2

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
althesandie
Level 1
Level 1

Re: HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP M281fdw - unable to scan PART 2

Post by althesandie »

petedecember wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:49 pm Thank-you Cliff! You got me the right link and I was able to download the plugin needed. Now it works just fine!
For any others who are following what I did...

go to https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing/plugins and chose the newest version of the plugin.run

right click and click "save as"

remove the .txt at the end of the name of the file

make the file executable by right clicking on it, go to properties, then permissions and check the box "Allow executing file as program"

run your program that is bringing up the window that says the a plugin is needed, check the box that you have a copy of the plugin, specify where you have the file and click next! The window should disappear, restart your scanning program and it should work!!

Thanks again, Cliff!

Only thing I would add to this is that right clicking didn't work for me. I had to click on it and it opened a new tab and showed the codework. It took a long time for the page to fully load. When done I could do exactly as said and right click and do a "save as". After removing the ,txt extension I used Gdebi which installed it no bother.
Only wish I had known this earlier.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”