Can't wireless install Canon Maxify MB2720 with Canon drivers

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kharrisma
Level 1
Level 1

Can't wireless install Canon Maxify MB2720 with Canon drivers

Post by kharrisma »

Hi Forum Folke,

I know... Canon's Linux support is dismal... but I already had the printer when I installed LInux. WHEN it fails ('cause they always do), I'll be checking back here first to see what goes in and works without a lot of headache.

That said: the 'inbuilt' printer driver does work, but I can't use any advanced features of this printer (Maxify MB 2720), just basic stuff. Can't check ink levels, etc.

I located the correct drivers for the printer cnijfilter2-5.40-1-deb and scanner scangearmp2-3.40-1-en from Canon. Couldn't delete the existing printer until I uninstalled Cups-browsed first, then it went away. Fired up the Canon driver install file (install.sh) in 'terminal,' and selected "wireless" as the method of installation. The installer cannot detect the printer at all. There IS a page on the Canon site that outlines some steps to take with the printer (Lan Setup > Wireless > cable-less [or something close to that... didn't take notes]) and it prompted me to go back to setup and try again. Same result: nothing.

Re-installed Cups-browsed, got the basic printer & functions back. This is pretty much where I'm stuck at the moment. I can live with basic print functionality, but if I can manage to use the Canon drivers to be able to use everything, I'd prefer that.

Anyone had any success with the Maxify line of printers? (Big, all-in-one print/copy/scan/fax job.)

Thanks for taking the time; hope someone has some ideas!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”