Brother MFC-L2710DW Laser Jet Scanner Connect Issue

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Eric1974
Level 1
Level 1

Brother MFC-L2710DW Laser Jet Scanner Connect Issue

Post by Eric1974 »

Hello, Eric here, Just bought this all in one laser jet from Brother. Installed the main driver from the Brother download page on the Brother drivers page for Linux. Everything seems good as far as the printer being detected, I can print off copies of files and things like that but when I go to scan and it tries to connect to the PC for scanning it's not able to. I have an Ethernet cable and USB cable connected to the computer from it but the scanner side of it is not able to find the computer. I'm pretty new to Linux but am slowly trying to get things figured out. When I first installed the drivers I did not put an I.P. address in, could that be why? idk.. Any idea's on this? Thanks much.

Eric
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
brian_p
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Brother MFC-L2710DW Laser Jet Scanner Connect Issue

Post by brian_p »

Hello, Brian here. Why, oh why, did you install the Brother drivers? Where did you get the idea from? They are not needed.

Say which version of Mint you are using and give what you get for

Code: Select all

avahi-browse -rt _ipp._tcp

Code: Select all

avahi-browse -rt _uscan._tcp
--
Brian.
Eric1974
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Eric1974 »

Well like I said I'm pretty new to Linux in general so I wasn't aware no driver downloads from the Brother site was not needed especially since the Brother site has the packages for download. But I'm using Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.1. Main problem though is that the scanner side of it will not connect to the computer but it prints perfectly fine. Had it working last night then after the computer was turned off for the night and restarted the next day it quit working again. The printer icon at the bottom of the screen now has dead printer links in it. So yet another issue.
panorain
Level 5
Level 5

Post by panorain »

One should have options.

Consider inserting the following backend-entries into SANE for the proprietary software to work with the scanner.

/etc/dll.conf

brother2
brother3
brother4
Linux Mint 21.2 Victoria
Always =updatedb=
GNU/LINUX

Return to “Printers & Scanners”