[SOLVED] LM20.2: hpcups seems to be missing

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
HarryF
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] LM20.2: hpcups seems to be missing

Post by HarryF »

Hi!

I am currently trying to install an Officejet 6600 as a WLAN printer. The printer is recognised, the drivers are searched for and I can still assign a name. But when I press OK, the following message appears: /usr/lib/cups/filter/hpcups is missing. I should install this file first. In fact, I could not find the file in this directory either.

However, when I try to install printer-driver-hpcups from the repository, I get the message that the latest driver is already installed.

Am I doing something wrong?

Any help appreciated.

Harry
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
brian_p
Level 9
Level 9

Re: LM20.2: hpcups seems to be missing

Post by brian_p »

HarryF wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:46 am Hi!

I am currently trying to install an Officejet 6600 as a WLAN printer. The printer is recognised, the drivers are searched for and I can still assign a name. But when I press OK, the following message appears: /usr/lib/cups/filter/hpcups is missing. I should install this file first. In fact, I could not find the file in this directory either.

However, when I try to install printer-driver-hpcups from the repository, I get the message that the latest driver is already installed.

Am I doing something wrong?
Try

Code: Select all

apt --reinstall install printer-driver-hpcups
and check /usr/lib/cups/filter afterwards.
--
Brian.
HarryF
Level 1
Level 1

Post by HarryF »

Wow, that was a quick reply ;-) . Thanks a lot.

The file is now where it should be and after restarting the system, the WLAN printer was found and installed.

Now I just have to get the scan function to work. Here, too, I am grateful for tips, but that is another topic.

Harry
brian_p
Level 9
Level 9

Post by brian_p »

HarryF wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:48 am Wow, that was a quick reply ;-) . Thanks a lot.[

The file is now where it should be and after restarting the system, the WLAN printer was found and installed.
Good.
Now I just have to get the scan function to work. Here, too, I am grateful for tips, but that is another topic.
Indeed it is. Please edit the subject of your first post and add [SOLVED] to it.
--
Brian.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”