HP DesignJet 1055cm "..missing print filter..."

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hoseajohn214
Level 1
Level 1

HP DesignJet 1055cm "..missing print filter..."

Post by hoseajohn214 »

I am having trouble with the HP DesignJet1055cm printer that I purchased used. This is a plotter/poster printer. I went to https://www.openprinting.org/printer/HP ... Jet_1055CM and found instructions for installing the printer. I installed the driver (.deb) listed on the page and downloaded the PPD file and placed it in /usr/share/cups/model. The printer is currently connected via USB using a parallel to USB adapter cable (I have also attempted to connect to the printer as a network printer with the same result below)

When I connect the printer to my computer, the system recognizes and sets up the printer, stating that it is ready to use. When I attempt to print, I always get the error "! There is a missing filter for printer 'DesignJet-1055CM-..."

Not sure what this issue is, but would greatly appreciate the help. I searched the forums and didn't find anything regarding this issue with this printer, but my apologies if I did in fact duplicate a post.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: HP DesignJet 1055cm "..missing print filter..."

Post by pdc_2 »

from that page you cited; (open printing)

you can download a ppd file

it needs to go into /etc/cups/ppd

then you can open cups http://localhost:631/printers/

go to the Administration tab: add a new printer (add your current username and mint password when asked for both)

it will ask you as an option: point towards a ppd file

if you point towards the downloaded ppd file; that you will have placed in /etc/cups/ppd

.... does that set up a printing icon that works?
hoseajohn214
Level 1
Level 1

Post by hoseajohn214 »

I will go back and try what you described and report back. Thank you very much for sending me some feedback on this!!!
hoseajohn214
Level 1
Level 1

Post by hoseajohn214 »

I'm sorry it's been so long replying. I did try what was suggested previously, but I am still getting the same error message. It's s if the system can't find the ppd file even though I'm am pointing directly to it. Is there possibly an issue with the driver itself? I'm open to any other suggestions.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”