New Driver for Epson Perfection V600 Photo

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Second Round
Level 2
Level 2

New Driver for Epson Perfection V600 Photo

Post by Second Round »

Prior thread on this was automatically locked b/c of 6 months passing since the initial post.

News is that I just heard from Epson that they have updated their scanner driver for the V600 that they say fixes the green cast on color scans. They sent this link, isn't Linux-specific til you drill down to your particular system.

http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/searc ... archModule

The source file is:

https://support.epson.net/linux/src/scanner/epsonscan2/

I've tried it a couple ways before. My first time, installing from source worked. Second go-round (recently) it didn't, but eventually installing from the script

Code: Select all

$ ./install.sh
did work. That's what I used this time - and it has worked. And indeed, the green tint is gone!

That said, I would say color scanning still doesn't work quite as well as it did under whatever version I was using in LM 19.3. It was too dim and dull, and playing with brightness and gamma only helped a little bit. I did find a way to improve results though. Choose Advanced Settings | Image Option | Remove Background | Standard. The scanned color came out vibrant after choosing that option, which is not on by default.

I'd offer similar advice for B&W and grayscale scanning - you may have to play with the default settings to get a good scan, and "remove background" is, IME, the most important one to tweak. I don't know why, but I've found it's definitely necessary to use it.
Last edited by LockBot on Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mef120749
Level 1
Level 1

Re: New Driver for Epson Perfection V600 Photo

Post by mef120749 »

Thanks for the information, Second Round. I tried the latest distribution and it works for me too.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”