Printer invisible on lpt1 under LM 10

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
David Valentine

Printer invisible on lpt1 under LM 10

Post by David Valentine »

My computer is a Lenovo Thinkpad T61, and I have a HP LaserJet 6P attached to the parallel (lpt1) port of a Lenovo docking station. I have had zero problems configuring the printer with every release of Linux Mint, until now. On Tuesday I was printing under Linux Mint 9; on Wednesday, after installing Linux Mint 10 RC1, my printer was simply not visible at all to the printer configuration utility. However, I had no problems getting my other printers (USB and network) to work just like always. Since I've never had a problem with finding and configuring an HP laserjet attached to a parallel port, I'm a bit stumped as to why suddenly, after installing Linux Mint 10, that my printer is utterly invisible. I've double checked connections, and during boot, I still do hear the printer respond to some signal through lpt1.

I did not delete any of my configuration files in my home partition prior to installing a fresh copy of Linux Mint 10 on a freshly formatted root partition. My guess is that there's some configuration file in my home folder that needs to go away, but I haven't found out what that might be. Any ideas of how to troubleshoot this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
David Valentine

Re: Printer invisible on lpt1 under LM 10

Post by David Valentine »

Things go BUMP in the night...

Return to “Printers & Scanners”