LM 20.1 - Setting up DHCP client Option 60 (vendor-class-identifier)

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
tahitibub
Level 1
Level 1

LM 20.1 - Setting up DHCP client Option 60 (vendor-class-identifier)

Post by tahitibub »

Hello,

To connect directly a computer onto the ONT (optical network termination) of SFR (a French provider), it is enough in theory to :

- put the DNS of SFR (109.0.66.10, 109.0.66.20) ;
- activate DHCP on the ethernet interface used;
- and above all, to make the computer look like an SFR box.

Concerning this last point, you have to modify the DHCP client to indicate the "vendor-class-identifier" of the neufbox.

The manipulation normally consists in adding the following lines in /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf :

Code: Select all

interface "eth0" {
send vendor-class-identifier "neufbox_NB6VAC-MAIN-bypassed";
}
In my case, I don't have an "eth0" interface but "enp5s0", so I modify accordingly.

However, it doesn't work.
I tried to use the Network Manager GUI, but I don't find where to put the "vendor-class-identifier".

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks
t42
Level 8
Level 8

Re: LM 20.1 - Setting up DHCP client Option 60 (vendor-class-identifier)

Post by t42 »

tahitibub wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:13 pm
The manipulation normally consists in adding the following lines in /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf :
I tried to use the Network Manager GUI, but I don't find where to put the "vendor-class-identifier".
I may be wrong but I think such configuration was valid ages ago but may be done on the router. Look for hints at man 5 systemd.network or the same man online https://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/jammy/man5/systemd.network.5.html
-=t42=-

Return to “Networking”