usb tethering not working with a particular device

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lakki
Level 1
Level 1

usb tethering not working with a particular device

Post by lakki »

My samsung galaxy m12 is not getting usb tethered(for sharing phone's internet) with linux mint(20.1) .
I checked with another device (samsung galaxy m31) and that is working fine also these devices are getting connected easily when booted to windows.
kindly suggest if I can try something that could possibly help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
hglee
Level 6
Level 6

Re: usb tethering not working with a particular device

Post by hglee »

lakki wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:33 am My samsung galaxy m12 is not getting usb tethered(for sharing phone's internet) with linux mint(20.1) .
I checked with another device (samsung galaxy m31) and that is working fine also these devices are getting connected easily when booted to windows.
kindly suggest if I can try something that could possibly help.

How to share Internet on a Samsung Galaxy M12. Fortunately if you have a SIM card with data rate on your Samsung Galaxy M12 you can share Wi-Fi and surf the Internet from another device by following the steps below. Estimated time: 10 minutes.

Linux Mint 21 Vanessa, MATE 1.26.0, kernel 5.15.0*, Dell 2-in-1
AMD Ryzen 7 5825U / Barcelo iGPU - 14" WUXGA Touchscreen
MediaTek MT7921 WiFi-6 BT-5.2; 32GB DDR4@3200MHz; XPG 2TB-NVMe
lakki
Level 1
Level 1

Re: usb tethering not working with a particular device

Post by lakki »

Thanks for replying;
I was having problem in connecting through usb tethering ; mobile wifi hotspot is working fine without any issue.

Return to “Networking”