Problem with wifi on Dell XPS 420

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
oelimtrila7
Level 1
Level 1

Problem with wifi on Dell XPS 420

Post by oelimtrila7 »

Hello, this is the first time I’ve ever installed Linux so sorry if this is a newbie question, but I’m having trouble connecting to WiFi on my pc. I installed mint onto a Dell XPS 420 and every time I try to connect to WiFi it just sits on “requesting WiFi address” or “configuring WiFi connection”, and then just stops trying to connect. Ethernet works fine. Can anyone help me?

Thank you all!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sleeper12
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Problem with wifi connection

Post by sleeper12 »

oelimtrila7 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:28 pm Hello, this is the first time I’ve ever installed Linux so sorry if this is a newbie question, but I’m having trouble connecting to WiFi on my pc. I installed mint onto a Dell XPS 420 and every time I try to connect to WiFi it just sits on “requesting WiFi address” or “configuring WiFi connection”, and then just stops trying to connect. Ethernet works fine. Can anyone help me?

Thank you all!
oelimtrila7,

You need to start your own thread & post your system details there.
hglee
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Problem with wifi on Dell XPS 420

Post by hglee »

oelimtrila7 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:28 pm Hello, this is the first time I’ve ever installed Linux so sorry if this is a newbie question, but I’m having trouble connecting to WiFi on my pc. I installed mint onto a Dell XPS 420 and every time I try to connect to WiFi it just sits on “requesting WiFi address” or “configuring WiFi connection”, and then just stops trying to connect. Ethernet works fine. Can anyone help me?

Thank you all!

With your Dell XPS 420 online by Ethernet, smartphone tether, or otherwise:

Open a Terminal window (Ctrl+Alt+T), copy-and-paste the following command, then tap Enter...

Code: Select all

upload-system-info

Within a moment, a new tab will automatically open in your web browser. It displays your 420's technical System Information.

You'll see a termbin.com URL in the address bar of that new tab. Copy-and-paste that URL into a reply here.

Linux Mint 21 Vanessa, MATE 1.26.0, kernel 5.15.0*, Dell 2-in-1
AMD Ryzen 7 5825U / Barcelo iGPU - 14" WUXGA Touchscreen
MediaTek MT7921 WiFi-6 BT-5.2; 32GB DDR4@3200MHz; XPG 2TB-NVMe

Return to “Networking”