[SOLVED] Spectrum Cable Internet: Changing Default SSID & Password

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
FenderGuy

[SOLVED] Spectrum Cable Internet: Changing Default SSID & Password

Post by FenderGuy »

Okay, guys, we just installed Spectrum cable internet in our home; while it's not FIOS, it's MUCH faster than the HotSpot connection I was using via my Android smartphone!

However, here's a new issue:

I can't figure out how to change the Spectrum SAC2V1A router's Default WiFi Network Name and Default Password.

I tried Google Play's My Spectrum App for Android phones (spectrum.net/getapp), to no avail.

Has anyone had similar issues, and if so, how'd they get resolved?

Thanks, guys.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
GELvdH
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Spectrum Cable Internet: Changing Default SSID & Password

Post by GELvdH »

Go to spectrum.net, sign in, go to support, type in change network name. You will get a text on how to change the network name and password.
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Post by trytip »

this thread belongs in a category not for linux. this is you responsibility not developers for linux. you need to know how to get to your router's interface control so you can do what you need to do.
first you need to know what ip address is your router?
then you copy that ip address, something like 192.168.1.2 into a browser which will take you to your router settings.
of course you will need to know the router's admin password and maybe your username/password for your internet

but as the comment above me says, you need to call your ISP
FenderGuy

Post by FenderGuy »

GELvdH wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:36 am Go to spectrum.net, sign in, go to support, type in change network name. You will get a text on how to change the network name and password.
Been there; Done that. Doesn't work for Linux.

Your instructions lead to a screen which recommends that you download the Spectrum App from Google Play and make the changes via your cell phone. The laptop AND the phone yield the same result: zilch!
FenderGuy

Post by FenderGuy »

PROBLEM SOLVED! It wasn't me after all!

It turns out that the Spectrum folks forgot to turn things on for me at their end; when I called, they noticed it immediately, and made it right, but also said it may take up to 24 hours to see the change on my end. I just tried it and everything works!

Now, I'm a happy camper! :)

Return to “Networking”