Dual homing with two NICs (Different newtorks and two different gateways)

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rfox
Level 1
Level 1

Dual homing with two NICs (Different newtorks and two different gateways)

Post by rfox »

Hello to all - I'm new here and have a question about dual nic configurations with different internet gateways.

I posted this in Proxmox forums: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/dual- ... ays.91068/

and used Linux Mint as an example - because of the automatic configuration with metrics it seems to work but not sure how LinuxMint achieves this and what is the best way to get two NICs with different GWs

Where are the config files found in Mint so I can understand how this config "Auto-magically" happens?!?

Any help would be appreciated and Stay Safe!

Cheers, R.Fox
Attachments
dualhome.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Dual homing with two NICs (Different newtorks and two different gateways)

Post by Moonstone Man »

rfox wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:08 am Where are the config files found in Mint so I can understand how this config "Auto-magically" happens?!?
Linux Mint isn't responsible for network configuration at that level, the GNU Network Manager is.

Return to “Networking”