Since 20.2 my network sometimes doesn't come up on boot

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rmwiseman
Level 1
Level 1

Since 20.2 my network sometimes doesn't come up on boot

Post by rmwiseman »

I never had this issue with Mint before 20 - I'm currently on 20.2 but wasn't on 20 or 20.1 for more than an hour or two as I delayed upgrading from 19.X till 20.2 was the latest version. Every so often when I boot my laptop since 20.2, it takes many seconds (maybe 20 or 30) to show the login screen after I've entered my encrypted boot disk password, and then when I've logged in, the network icon is two arrows with an x and no network is configured.

Restarting the various networking services had no effect, but rebooting has so far fixed the problem. I've been looking through /var/log/syslog* and can't see anything that obviously (to me) indicates the problem; in fact, it includes positive sounding messages like "Finished Raise network interfaces." and "NetworkManager (version 1.22.10) is starting... (for the first time)" and "Started Network Manager.".

Can anyone suggest what the cause might be or suggest what I should look for in the logs?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Networking”