Using Remmina to Remotely Connect to One Mint 20.2 PC from Anoter Mint 20.2 PC Froze Both Mint Machines

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JezekiljMonk
Level 3
Level 3

Using Remmina to Remotely Connect to One Mint 20.2 PC from Anoter Mint 20.2 PC Froze Both Mint Machines

Post by JezekiljMonk »

Hello,

Just to report how Mint 20.2 Cinnamon froze on both the Host PC and Remotely Connected PC with Remmina.

So while working remotely through Remmina I opened StartUp Applications, and tried to add a new command to automatically start a virtual machine upon sign-in. I made mistake and put the command in the comment field, and when I was warned that no command was entered I selected the entered text in comment field. Then I pressed Ctrl+X (Cut), moved to command field and pressed Ctrl+V (Paste).

As a result both Mint 20.2 Cinnamons froze. I accessed both PCs from another device (Smart Phone with VNC Client) but both machines were frozen.

The only way to untangle from this situation was to go Ctrl+Alt+F1 and then upon login to terminal I went

Code: Select all

top aux | grep remmina
And when I get the process identification number (PID) I had to type

Code: Select all

kill -9 PID
After that I was able to work on both PCs.

I believe that earlier I had this same problem on host PC even without being remotely accessed when I made same kind of mistake while adding new command in the StartUp Applications. I just forgot to report it.

Maybe some of the programmers might want to tackle this problem?

Many thanks for though for your great work!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Networking”