Bootable USB - Network Connection issues

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ajaxStardust
Level 1
Level 1

Bootable USB - Network Connection issues

Post by ajaxStardust »

I have Mint maya installed as bootable on a USB stick (not as ISO img burned to the USB, but actually installed with the Mint installer)

It worked flawlessly and I have several good software apps on that setup. I hadn't used it in years but need to do some surgery on a Win 10 system.

I can't access any https URL's. I receive the following error: ERR_SSLVERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
On startup, looking at the std out during boot I see the msg "Waiting up to 60 seconds more for netowrk configuration"
Apt is getting package info on apt-get update, but when i choose upgrade i get a warning that the pkgs can't be verified. I am experienced with semi-advanced linux configuration / tweak, etc., but it's been a long time and I am at a loss for what to inspect.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DisturbedDragon
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Bootable USB - Network Connection issues

Post by DisturbedDragon »

APT may be an issue depending on the version you have installed. If the version is obsolete, the repos will have been taken down. Browser access to web pages is another story. Are you sure there is a physical connection? Does ifconfig show you have a valid IP, subnet and gateway? Can you at least ping out? Check the time/date is correct when booted. Incorrect time/date will cause SSL errors.
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16C/32T | MSI MPG x570 Gaming Plus | 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe | 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe | 2x 2TB Inland Gen4 NVMe | 32GB Trident Z DDR4 3600 | Nvidia RTX4090 | Fedora 39 Cinnamon | Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon | Kernel 5.15.x lowlatency

Return to “Networking”