Connetion to OpenMediaVault NAS - Closed

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
treehugger58
Level 1
Level 1

Connetion to OpenMediaVault NAS - Closed

Post by treehugger58 »

I have set up an OpenMediaVault server and have no problems connecting from Windows. I have a dual boot on my PC and from Windows I can access the NAS, write files, open files, and play videos.

When I boot into Mint, I can connect to the server and can open the files. However, I cannot write to the server and playing videos does not work well - constantly buffering. Again, from the same PC booted into Windows everything works as expected.

Any suggestions?

02-Jan-2021: Marked closed. Re-installed Mint and problem disappeared.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
treehugger58
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Connetion to OpenMediaVault NAS

Post by treehugger58 »

Just sort of an update on this - I installed the same version of Mint on another PC and it connects without issue. That would lead me to think that there is an issue with the configuration on this one PC.

What should I look for? I can sometimes connect and write to the NAS, but I come back the next day and it won't let me write (can still connect, view and open files, but cannot write).

Return to “Networking”