warpinator between lan and wifi units

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wilky
Level 1
Level 1

warpinator between lan and wifi units

Post by wilky »

Folks I have a laptop on wifi and a desktop on lan but both are on the same network. My problem is neither see each other in Warpinator, both fresh install 20.02 with the desk running cinnamon and the lap running xfce.
The desk is at 192.168.0.100 (lan) but the lap is at192.168.15.8 (wifi). I presume this is why they wont connect, my group codes are the same on both systems. Is there any way I can get Warpinator to talk to each other?
Cheers Wilky
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cheers
Wilky
Your jealous because the voices only talk to me
majpooper
Level 8
Level 8

Re: warpinator between lan and wifi units

Post by majpooper »

wilky wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:16 am Folks I have a laptop on wifi and a desktop on lan but both are on the same network. My problem is neither see each other in Warpinator, both fresh install 20.02 with the desk running cinnamon and the lap running xfce.
The desk is at 192.168.0.100 (lan) but the lap is at192.168.15.8 (wifi). I presume this is why they wont connect, my group codes are the same on both systems. Is there any way I can get Warpinator to talk to each other?
Cheers Wilky
Actually they are not on the same network which, as you have already determined is the reason Warpinator won't connect. The only solution that I have came up with was to use my PC's wifi to connect to my laptop wifi. I only did this because I was curious - I never actually use Warpinator.

EDIT: The other solution is to use ssh with port forwarding in your router(s).
RollyShed
Level 8
Level 8

Re: warpinator between lan and wifi units

Post by RollyShed »

wilky wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:16 amFolks I have a laptop on wifi and a desktop on lan but both are on the same network. My problem is neither see each other in Warpinator,
By the same network I presume running off the same router. I commonly run off the same router, the laptop on WiFi and the desktop wired in and have no problems ever. However I am always running Dukto for file transferring.

When I say the same router, I'm meaning the computers are on the same one, as the interconnections are often done at different places with different routers. In each case the computers are talking via the same router that each is connected to.

Return to “Networking”