Wired connection disappeared

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
huddledfiber
Level 1
Level 1

Wired connection disappeared

Post by huddledfiber »

I just got my VPN working and was working with freerdp to get it set up. I got it into full screen and couldn't get it out. Tried a bunch of key combination from Googling and nothing worked. So I used CTL+ALT+Backspace to restart x0rg. It shut the laptop down completely. After starting it back up the only option in Networks is the VPN I recent set up.

The network runs through an ethernet cable into a mesh network access point in my office. I know it's not the access point because I have the machine I'm on now connected to it as well. I'm running 20.3 Cinnamon on an old MacBook Pro. I've restarted a couple times and still nothing.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Wired connection disappeared

Post by SMG »

huddledfiber wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:00 pm After starting it back up the only option in Networks is the VPN I recent set up.
Welcome to the forum, huddledfiber.

You have not mentioned what VPN you are using, but you would not be the first person to post on this forum who later found a setting/file in the VPN setup was the reason they lost internet access.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Networking”