Bluetooth doesn't work and I deleted firmware

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
escape
Level 1
Level 1

Bluetooth doesn't work and I deleted firmware

Post by escape »

My bluethooth doesn't work on linux for several years I've tried to do something about it and in my next attempt was

Code: Select all

wget https://github.com/winterheart/broadcom-bt-firmware/raw/master/brcm/BCM43142A0-105b-e065.hcd
sudo cp BCM43142A0-105b-e065.hcd /lib/firmware/brcm/BCM.hcd
and because it didn't work

Code: Select all

sudo cp BCM43142A0-105b-e065.hcd /lib/firmware/brcm/BCM43142A0-105b-e065.hcd 
and it still didn't work and this wget way copied html instead of hcd so i've just download it and then copied. Btw I've found lots of other firmware on this folder some of them from raspbery pi
so I deleted this file I've copied and now when I reboot i've got
usb 3-7:device descriptor read/64, error -110
for several lines
no i've got no bluetooth detected on my laptop. The app is on but still doesn't work. I've copied this deleted files again but It didn't help.

Turns out that my bluetoot problem wasn't bluethoot problem at all. I've got dual boot with windows and from some time already I didn't see grub menu but just mint started by default. If I wanted windows to boot I have got to press f12 and choose windows from ufi menu. I went to bios and check security logon or something like that and I lost access to mint but windows started to boot without problems. Then I disable security boot and I get my grub menu back and then I log on to mint and I get back my bluetooh. I swear this is some intentional messing with my laptop going on it could not be done by accident. I remember seeing two ubuntu systems on ufi boot selection name the same even though I have only mint and windows installed.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Networking”