google chrome dns_probe_finished_bad_config error

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
240sx
Level 1
Level 1

google chrome dns_probe_finished_bad_config error

Post by 240sx »

Hello!
I hope that all the people that are viewing this post are in good health.
Yesterday, I've downloaded protonvpn for offtopic use, but after I woke up, opened google chrome for my assignments, then I've got slapped in the face with this issue, keep in mind, I'm writing this using my phone because I am currently unable to access the forum using my computer, but I'll try to write the relevant bits of my system's information;
System:
Kernel: 5.4.0-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v:9.4.0
Desktop: Cinnamon 5.2.7
Distro: Linux mint 20.3 Una
Network:
Device-1: Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter
driver: ath9k v: kernel port: 1840
Device-2: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI express Gigabit Ethernet
driver: r8169 c: kernel port: 5000
As I mentioned earlier, I've tried to troubleshoot this problem by myself by restarting my router, cleaning my device's cache, cleaning google chrome's cache, flushing my device's dns server in every way possible, etc etc
And I'm thinking about having to reinstall linux in the worst case scenario. I dont know any commands that could help with this issue.
I'm in a hurry since I've been messing with this problem for the last 2 hours, and still havent done my assignments.
If you know anything about this issue, please dont hesitate to respond.
Have a good day!
:D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
psychopathic schizophrenic lunatic

Return to “Networking”