Can't Mount NFS after upgrade to LM 21

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
stretch611
Level 1
Level 1

Can't Mount NFS after upgrade to LM 21

Post by stretch611 »

I have multiple computers on a home network, all using linux (or a derivative like Raspbian)

I upgraded 2 computers from Mint 20.3 to Mint 21. (ofc, I did not notice the problem until the 2nd computer) After the upgrade neither computer could access the NFS shares at all. The NFS shares were being served by a computer running Mint 20.3.

I was able to get it to work by using "vers=3" in /etc/fstab. (or mountvers=3 as a mount option.)
Reference: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1405231 ... untu-22-04
Unlike the people in the above thread using QNAP, I was not able to get it to work with mountvers=4.0

Of course the problem now is that I am only running NFSv3. I am assuming that everything will work fine without the workaround after I upgrade the server (and other Mint computers) to Mint 21, but I am not ready yet to commit to that and I am not sure how my Non-Mint VMs and Pi computers will work with Mint 21 on the NFS server.
Last edited by LockBot on Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Networking”