Linux Mint does not recognise/mount phone running Ubuntu Touch

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Lucy88
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint does not recognise/mount phone running Ubuntu Touch

Post by Lucy88 »

I have Ubuntu Touch installed on a Fairphone 4. Now I want to transfer pictures, ebooks and MP3 files from my computer to the phone, but Mint won't recognise and mount the phone as a filesystem. USB cable is new and charges the phone fine, and I used the same laptop running Mint to install Ubuntu Touch onto my phone. Developer mode is on. How can I get it to recognise, and allow file transfer?

The issue *appears* to be Ubuntu Touch since the PC recognises an Android just fine and I have done frequent phone clearouts in the past, but I was wondering if there is a fix on Mint that would help.

Thank you!
Last edited by LockBot on Mon May 22, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
axrusar
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Linux Mint does not recognise/mount phone running Ubuntu Touch

Post by axrusar »

Quick search online:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/341695/ ... untu-touch

I would enable the ssh server on the phone and use SFTP.
Linux Mint Una Cinnamon 20.3 Kernel: 5.15.x | Quad Core I7 4.2Ghz | 24GB Ram | 1TB NVMe | Intel Graphics
Lucy88
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Lucy88 »

Thank you for responding! I did a web search but clearly my keywords weren't quite right. Ha. I will try what you have suggested. Thank you again 🙏🏻
Lucy88
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Lucy88 »

Next issue is that adb on my laptop does not recognise my FP4 even though my screen is on and the phone is in developer mode, so I can't talk to it through the command line. Any ideas?
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

I think this is a problem with Ubuntu Touch rather than with Mint.
I would install Ubuntu Touch Tweak Tool (on the phone; it's in the Open Store) and then check the System setting in there; USB settings > ADB settings > MTP (Media Transfer Protocol).

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Lucy88
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Lucy88 »

Thank you, I shall try this!

Return to “Networking”