[Bluetooth] Headphone wireless can't be found.

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Timetamon
Level 1
Level 1

[Bluetooth] Headphone wireless can't be found.

Post by Timetamon »

Hey there, friends.

I just bought a Philips wireless headphone and when I tried to connect it by bluetooth on my notebook, the bluetooth doesn't find the device. My mobile phone recognizes it as intended, but for some reason my Mint does not work as it should. Maybe I'm supposed to install some driver or whatnot. I really don't get a clue on how I should proceed here. Any insight on how I can get it working with my Mint?

Headphone model: https://www.philips.com.br/c-p/TAH1205B ... o-wireless

My "sudo lshw output

Code: Select all

*-usb:3
                   descrição: Interface sem fio bluetooth
                   produto: Bluetooth 9460/9560 Jefferson Peak (JfP)
                   fabricante: Intel Corp.
                   ID físico: a
                   informações do barramento: usb@1:a
                   versão: 0.02
                   capacidades: bluetooth usb-2.00
                   configuração: driver=btusb maxpower=100mA speed=12Mbit/s
Last edited by LockBot on Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
axrusar
Level 7
Level 7

Re: [Bluetooth] Headphone wireless can't be found.

Post by axrusar »

Your headphones are already paired with your cellphone.
Try switching off the Bluetooth antenna on your cell, then put the headphones in pairing mode and scan with the computer, can you then connect to it?
If you are able to connect it, there is still a "trust" option you can check in the Mint's Bluetooth manager, this will make it connect automatically without the need to right click and connect every time.

With my Bluetooth boss headset, I can connect to either laptop or cellphone, but always need to disable my cell radio if I want to use my laptop, otherwise my cell connects first to it and wins.
Your headset might work differently and pair to only one device, but try yourself.
Good luck
Linux Mint Una Cinnamon 20.3 Kernel: 5.15.x | Quad Core I7 4.2Ghz | 24GB Ram | 1TB NVMe | Intel Graphics
Timetamon
Level 1
Level 1

Re: [Bluetooth] Headphone wireless can't be found.

Post by Timetamon »

axrusar, thanks for your reply.

When I tried pairing the headphone with my notebook, I disabled my phone's bluetooth to avoid the problem you speak of. It doesn't seem to be a dispute issue between phone and PC.

Return to “Networking”