Proton VPN does not see my hotspot device on Linux Mint 21.1

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Resistor
Level 4
Level 4

Proton VPN does not see my hotspot device on Linux Mint 21.1

Post by Resistor »

It was working properly when I shut down.
On start up today, my Linux laptop failed to connect to my Franklin T10 1345 hotspot. The error message was:

Code: Select all

Unable to connect to Proton VPN: Proton VPN connection failed due to unknown reason.
The hotspot software is up to date and I restored the settings configuration backup file.

Between rebooting both the laptop and hotspot, I managed to connect to a public wifi once or twice.

Password Settings on the hotspot Web configuration page, reported a different Password than is reported by the hotspot device, itself.

As I was looking around, the hotspot's reported Password then showed the correct password and MAC address. But, the name of the WiFi device was shown as unknown, so I entered the correct name.

After restoring the backup configuration, the device name shows the name of the laptop. There is no guest devices and no devices are blocked.

I tried to connect to the hotspot a few times, but it failed to connect and provided a different error message:
No internet connection. Please make sure you are connected and retry.

The channel selection is set to AUTO on 2.4 GHz.
The signal strength is strong and I have a fast connection.
I do not use Timeshift. Wifi power management is off.

I believe there was a small system update, but I do now know which it was.

From JeremyB
https://termbin.com/bmglg

What am I missing? I don't know what to do, now.
Last edited by LockBot on Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Dell Inspiron 15-7567 Gaming Laptop i5, 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD. - Win 10 Inhibited. Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti. LM 19.3 Cinnamon x2
Asus VivoBook F512FA-AB34, 8 GB Ram, Kernel 5.3.0-45-generic, i3-8145U. No Win10.

Return to “Networking”