Installing Ubit 7265 wi-fi card. Plug And Play?

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
terry_g
Level 1
Level 1

Installing Ubit 7265 wi-fi card. Plug And Play?

Post by terry_g »

I just ordered a wi-fi card for my desktop PC I had to move my office in the house and was previously using a wired connection. I'm using an Iogear GWU627 which is slower than the wired connection was. I probably will not receive the card for a few days I live in a rural area. I'm probably"jumping the gun" I'm wondering if it will be plug and play or will I have to make some changes to get it working?

This is the card I ordered: http://www.evisionde.com/ProDetail.aspx?ProId=86

The wireless is a Intel AC7265. which and supports Linux. I'm running Mint 21 64bit.
I looked in /lib/firmware/ and found a newer version of iwlwifi-7265-17.ucode is installed than what is on their website.

I'm thinking it should work. Any words from the more experienced would be welcome.
Thanks in advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
terry_g
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Installing Ubit 7265 wi-fi card. Plug And Play?

Post by terry_g »

The wi-fi card showed up today. I installed it and booted up the PC and I had a wireless connection.
It required no tinkering at all.

Return to “Networking”