Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
andimint
Level 1
Level 1

No internet connection while connected to the my wlan

Postby andimint » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:17 am

Hallo everybody.

On the bottom line of my Linux mint 13 (mate desktop) my internet icon for wlan shows very good connection to my wlan as usual.
But acctually I do not have access to the internet. E.g. Firefox, Thunderbird do not work and also the dropbox item (also in the bottom line/status bar) doesn't show that green circle-point on startup (as a sign of synchronising), so this is not a problem of a certain application within my system.

I think the problem appeared after doing a usual update via the update manager but I'm not 100% sure about that. Besides updates for steam and Firefox i was suggested to intsall mintupload and mintdesktop (priority 1) so maybe this has something to do with my problem. Deleting those installements via apt-manager didn't solve anything.

So right now I really don t know what to do. My wlan definitly works well as I'm posting this with my friends laptop within the same wlan.

I hope someone can help, many thanks!

Edit: The problem arises also with my wired ethernet connection. The status bar shows a symbol that I am connected, but actually I am offline...

andimint
Level 1
Level 1

Re: No internet connection while connected to the my wlan

Postby andimint » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:50 pm

Problem solved: I installed wicd, than installed network-manager again (which was removed at the beginning). And finally I removed wicd from the autostart apps.
Reboot, everything fine.

Return to “Wireless”