Questions about WIFI networks and devices
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
bugreprt
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Wireless keeps asking me for password

Post by bugreprt » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:32 am

This fix works. I've tried it on both Cinnamon and Mate 64 bit and both worked perfectly.

https://github.com/dz0ny/rt8192cu

vanticar
Level 1
Level 1

Post by vanticar » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:51 am

After struggling for over 3 hours with this very same problem, trying different drivers and then excluding default drivers in my fresh mint 16 install a simple solution seemed to work for me with the provided default drivers and default installs (the usb install/test networked & connected fine so I reinstalled completely so this method was on a 'virgin' install):-

L click wifi indicator, select network settings, click small arrow next to chosen wifi network to info page, then click settings and make sure 'all users may connect to this network' is enabled under general network settings tab otherwise you will be typing in the password allot.

keep hitting enter for authentication request until it connects to router/inet (took around 10+ attempts)

once connected enter & edit network settings connection method to manual in IPv4 in the network settings tab and use a static IP address, netmask, gateway, DNS servers etc (check your router for useable IP's eg dont use one that can be assigned to another PC with DHCP)

reboot the PC

mine re-connected at reboot but if it doesnt keep hitting enter for authentication request until it connects

then power off router for 30 secs+

power on router and do not do anything on mint PC until it connects (dont even enter the authentication request) once it does mine stayed stable enough to do all updates etc and remains so after several reboots

hope this is of some to anyone struggling with these wifi adapators

MnM
Level 1
Level 1

Post by MnM » Tue May 13, 2014 9:46 pm

bugreprt wrote:This fix works. I've tried it on both Cinnamon and Mate 64 bit and both worked perfectly.

https://github.com/dz0ny/rt8192cu
This worked for me after 4hours of research...
Really apreciate :D

Return to “Wireless”