problems with PEAP

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
uruloke

problems with PEAP

Post by uruloke »

Hello, i just tried Linux Mint and iam not able to get the wireless connection to work on Peap security.
I dont have a certificate for it, so i just ignore that setting, The SSID is auto set from the router.
The exact same settings iam using on my network settings, works on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, but it doesn't work on Linux Mint.
Anyone got a clue how to get it to work?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
NuxNubkins

Re: problems with PEAP

Post by NuxNubkins »

I suspect this may be related to the inner authentication of PEAP. There's MSCHAP, MD5, and GTC. Verify what the inner authentication method is and then try that.
uruloke

Re: problems with PEAP

Post by uruloke »

NuxNubkins wrote:I suspect this may be related to the inner authentication of PEAP. There's MSCHAP, MD5, and GTC. Verify what the inner authentication method is and then try that.
I can verify that in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, its running on MSCHAPv2, so iam guessing i should use the same in Linux Mint, but it doesn't work.

Return to “Networking”