{SOLVED!} Dual boot Mint and Windows 10

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
WesternSlope
Level 4
Level 4

{SOLVED!} Dual boot Mint and Windows 10

Post by WesternSlope »

Like a fool. I upgraded to Windows 10 and now all of my other systems can't find the wireless network on any of them. I'm using a Netgrear router and It will show my network there, but no where else. I can hook the Cat 6 up to my HP and of coarse it's on the net. Has anyone else had the problem and fixed problem and if, so how did you fix it?
Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Dual boot Mint and Windows 10

Post by Pierre »

some of the W10 bugs are now starting to appear :o

just to clarify - you can still boot into the Mint O/S ?.
or - does grub_loader - need to be repaired ?.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
WesternSlope
Level 4
Level 4

Post by WesternSlope »

I have no problem booting to either. I have Mint as the default that boots first. I've lost all wifi to three of my other laptops Mint including Windows 10 on this laptop. One is my Wife's and she is not happy. Down in the dungeon now. I knew something like this was going to happen. Dumby me!
Thanks
WesternSlope
Level 4
Level 4

Post by WesternSlope »

I finally get out of the dungeon. Good ol' Netgear did it again. I logged in to the router. It gave a warning there was no wireless connection pushed the wireless button on the router and yeehaw. Not only all systems came back up, but my network adapter and printer too. Win 10 is nice and the only time I use it is when I have too. Other than that it's stuck in the dark hole.
Thanks

Return to “Networking”