Connect to VPN automatically

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
chasbel2112

Connect to VPN automatically

Post by chasbel2112 »

Is there a way to connect to a VPN automatically in 17.3? I use ExpressVPN through the following method (https://www.expressvpn.com/support/vpn- ... ux-ubuntu/) and it would be really nice if I didn't have to manually connect everytime I booted up.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ubulindy

Re: Connect to VPN automatically

Post by Ubulindy »

Yes, there is. In network settings in your panel. Open up the settings. Look for either your VPN or maybe Tun0 or just a private address of 10.xxx.xxx.xxx.
Go the the tab: "Identity". Check off both boxes "connect automatically" and "make available to other users".
chasbel2112

Post by chasbel2112 »

For whatever reason, "Connect Automatically" does not appear in the identity tab.
Laurent85
Level 17
Level 17

Post by Laurent85 »

See Network Connections > Edit Wired or Wifi connection used > General tab > check Automatically connect to VPN when using this connection > select vpn to use > save
chasbel2112

Post by chasbel2112 »

no such option exists there either, oddly
RAL

Post by RAL »

Hi, confirming it's there in 18.1. Be sure to edit the ethernet/wireless item, not the VPN item listed in Network Connections (see attachment).

Return to “Networking”