Wireless connection problem (youtube only)

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
EventHorizon

Wireless connection problem (youtube only)

Post by EventHorizon »

Hi guys! I'm a first time linux user, and love it so far.

But the crazy this is that both wired and wireless connection work very well for (almost) everything, surfing, torrenting, downloading, streaming. But, after between 10-30 min of watching youtube videos (again only on youtube) the internet connection (wifi) quits working. The computer never loses the connection to my router only the internet connection.

I really can't get my head around this. I know this is a Linux Mint 18 (cinnamon) related problem, cause min phone never loses the internet connection and still works even thou my computer lost the connection. I have partitioned my HDD and have Windows 10 installed on the second partition, and also no problem at all on Windows. To get things working again I have to turn off the wifi and then on again.

I've tried both Firefox and Google Chrome browsers, but the problem occurs with both. This is really annoying cause I watch youtube alot.

I have a HP Probook 450-G2. I'm not home right now so I can't post any output logs, but I will do that when I come home, if someone can tell me which Terminal command to use.

And alos, I know how to use a search engine, but no luck there.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

//EventHorizon
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
EventHorizon

Re: Wireless connection problem (youtube only)

Post by EventHorizon »

I solved the problem myself by updating the kernel to the newest one available (4.4.0-34).

Admin can lock this thread if necessary.

//EventHorizon

Return to “Networking”