Weird problem. Wifi unavailable after reboot.

Questions about WIFI networks and devices
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Weird problem. Wifi unavailable after reboot.

Post by xenopeek »

It's worth a try I'd say. To confirm you can use the commands from the single fix script. After reboot and the wifi not available, open a terminal and copy this command to the terminal and run it:
killall nm-applet && sleep 1 && echo 'nm-applet & disown' | /bin/bash && sleep 1
That does the same thing as the nm-applet-fix.sh script. It won't output anything but should return you to the command prompt in a couple of seconds when it is done.

Does the wifi become available after that?
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Just gave it a try, no luck. I noticed also that when I reboot, my speaker volume is lower than when I do a cold boot.

Edit: When I start the laptop the volume is set to 148%. If I reboot, the volume is 100% when the desktop loads. It may or may not be related but I found it odd.
JeremyB
Level 20
Level 20

Post by JeremyB »

I wonder if this might be fixed in the latest stable upstream kernel. See http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v4.9.6/

As I saw a couple commits of interest in the linux-next log, one was to not flush an empty queue and the other involved WPDMA
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Maybe the newer kernel will make it in the repos in the future. For now at least the laptop is reliable, so long as I do not reboot it. :)

Return to “Wireless”